Nobody hurt in roof and attic fire in Battle Creek

Battle Creek Fire Department trucks (FOX 17 Photo)

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — There were no injuries during a Friday night roof and attic house fire.

At 10:24 p.m. Friday, all Battle Creek Fire Department stations were dispatched to a reported dwelling fire at 3165 Beckley Road. Truck 6 and Squad 6 arrived to find a fire in the attic near the chimney.

All occupants were out of the structure.

Crews extended a hose line to extinguish the fire. Fire crews had to open the roof near the chimney to access the fire in the attic area.

The crews used salvage covers to protect the contents as much as possible.

The Leroy Fire Department and Newton Fire Department assisted at the scene with water supply operations.

Crews determined the fire was caused by the fireplace chimney.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.