Man electrocuted while working on power lines in Cass Co.

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Getty Images

HOWARD TOWNSHIP, Mich. — An Indiana man died Friday after he was accidentally electrocuted at a construction site in Cass County.

It happened around 11:35 a.m. near the intersection of Barron Lake Road and White Street in Howard Township, northeast of Niles.

Authorities say 53-year-old Steven Smith of Michigan City, Indiana, was working on overhead power lines when he was electrocuted.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.