Apartment fire in Kalamazoo Township displaces 30 residents

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KALAMAZOO TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- Multiple residents are displaced from their apartments and one firefighter is injured after a fire broke out overnight in Kalamazoo Township.

Crews were called to the Sage Terrace Apartments, 328 N Sage Street in Kalamazoo, around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday for reports of a kitchen fire.

We're told all of the residents made it out of the building safely, but a resident on the third floor had to be rescued by firefighters.

Fire officials say apartment managers and working closely with the American Red Cross to find temporary shelter for the 30 residents displaced.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.